What is appropriate Yoga Studio Etiquette?
- Arrive for class on time, allowing enough time to sign-in and set-up to practice.
- Remove shoes upon entering the studio.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Please do not leave during savasana (final relaxation). This is disruptive to those who are still. If you must leave early – please inform the teacher before class.
- Practice Saucha (cleanliness). Make sure that your body, clothes and mat are clean and odor free. If using a LYW mat – please wipe clean with cloth and “Thieves” cleaner provided. It is traditional to bathe before and after yoga.
- Do not wear any perfume, cologne, after-shave, scented antiperspirant, shampoos, or conditioners. Odors intensify with the heat of the practice and some students are sensitive to chemicals.
- Roll out your mat and make room for others. Please do not step on other people’s mats.
- Put all props you’ve taken back neatly in their proper place after class.